Saturday, April 2, 2011

Contemplations

I really cannot believe how fast time is flying. It feels like just the other day I was posting on here.. and that was already a week ago. It feels like just the other day we started the year and zap that was 4 months ago. And lastly it feels like just the other day I was going through the laundry sorting and packing and stressing over moving again and thus.. that was exactly a year ago.
As eager as I am to get back to Texas where I fondly claim home, I am also saddened at the thought of leaving. I realize more and more as my minutes are ticking buy and as I look back at the roller coaster of a year.. that this is a love vs hate relationship I have created with this country.
I guess this is the same anywhere else. Every new place has ups and downs. Clean areas and dirty, nice people and bad... and overall it really is how you deal with what you are dealt with.
Maybe if I had my own place here and more freedom to make decisions then it wouldn't be so constraining.
Leaving is going to be bittersweet. I will miss my ocean views and my 3min walk to the boardwalk. Cheap organic fruits and vegetables. Tons of ancient crafts that are older that America's birth.. and much much more.
I would like to stay longer, but the longer we stay the more expensive get back home will be. The longer we stay the more stress I get with the unrest in the North of Africa. Everything is changing little by little and I would rather be on home turf during turbulent times.
There are many things that we have learned here, much I have thought about, tossed around in my head and still am debating about. But as with anything in life I find that moments like this are rare and I have to be thankful for the slow pace and peace of just maintaining one day at a time.

No comments: